Available Tutorial Videos
- 02 - Unit
Conversions - This video describes how to convert from one unit to another. A simple example converts inches to centimeters.
- 03 - An
Astronomy Unit Conversion
- This video describes how to convert from one unit to another, using
an example from astronomy, going from kilometers to astronomical units.
- 04 -
Powers of Ten - This tutorial describes using positive, negative, and zero powers of ten.
- Arithmetic with Powers of Ten
- This video describes how to perform simple arithmetic operations with
powers of ten. Scientific notation is covered in another
- Scientific Notation - This video describes scientific notation, and how numbers are represented in scientific notation.
- Scientific Notation on Calculators
- This short tutorial describes the use of scientific notation on
calculators. Specific examples using the calculators found on Mac
OS and Windows computers are given.
- Significant Figures - This is a brief introduction to significant figures using the example of a simple distance measurement.
- Length, Area, and Volume
- This is a short tutorial to help recognize a measurement as being a
length, an area, or a volume, just by looking at the units.
- Circles - This brief tutorial discusses how to find the circumference and area of a circle.
- Spheres - This short tutorial discusses how to determine the surface area and volume of a sphere.
- Frequency and Period - A brief tutorial discussing the relationship between frequency and period, and how to convert from one to the other.
- 20 - Dimensional Anaylsis - Wien's Law
- This is a short tutorial showing how to check the units when solving
an equation and performing unit conversions where necessary. The
example uses Wien's Law.